Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!

Interface Action Failed Because Of An AddOn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interface Action Failed Because Of An AddOn

Post  Sephiroth on 03/08/09, 08:33 pm

Interface Action Failed Because Of An AddOn.
Thats the error you see in my text log, and it appears everytime i enter combat mode, what i wanna know is how does this affect my gameplay and i also have a much more serious reson to post this so long and detailed post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason im so concerned about this is that i noticed a bug lately is that i noticed a bug where if i cast holy shock and judgement at the same time almost 30% of the time judgement wont do any dmg, no dmg message will appear in screen or in combat log, but judgement will take its 10sec cooldown and i will loose mana for casting it.

Notice how right after holy shock the judgement fades? well i actually casted judgement there but no dmg, the working one should be like:

also note that although a healers hit rate sucks the moves dont miss or are resisted cause even then that would appear on the combat log, for example:

Now, i admit i use 2 addons that are Out Of Date, but they are just too usefull for me to give up and i havent managed to find a 2.4.3 version no matter how bad i tried (and i tried alot), also i didnt have problem with them untill today. but even so i dont understand how an addon could have such affect. from many stuff i read online i found something about blocked messages and i figured that even if the message doesnt appear the dmg might actually be given, reproducing it wasnt hard but it was hard to be able to tell if the dmg was given fully cause it usually happens if i suddently do the moves right after another move, like heal and the attach almost right before heal cast is over.

Im not even sure if the Bugg i mentioned is real, if the addon error causes it or what the addon error even is, i searched online alot but i couldnt find a clear definition or how to treat it. Mainly the reason im posting this is hope that some1 knows something that could help or maybe the gms could try reproduce the bugg and see if it rly does happen or not, its a great part of my gameplay, and if it does happen its probly the worse thing Razz thanks for taking your time to read so far ask further questions shall you need em, hope u can help.

Note: im reproducing the bugg the whole day today with either the addons active or not, i still havent managed to count the dmg correctly (wish there was a way to stop myself from critticaling for a fe moments). And yeah i know this is way too messed up, thanks for reading.

Sleep going to bed now, im gonna check the replies in the mornin :3 thanks if u did reply at all.
Sephiroth
Mood Raiser
Mood Raiser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interface Action Failed Because Of An AddOn

Post  aeryk on 04/08/09, 01:52 am

Find me tomorrow and we can test it in pvp to look more closely. I've had plenty of times when damage done is not actually displayed, particularly with melee--I land a nice big crit and there's no huge satisfying number flying out. It could be that an addon is just removing the display of the numbers.
aeryk
Bug Tracker
Bug Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top