Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!

Which realm will you play on?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which realm will you play on after the launch of WOTLK realm?

58% 58% 
[ 19 ]
33% 33% 
[ 11 ]
9% 9% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 33

Re: Which realm will you play on?

Post  Alderman on 23/01/10, 05:55 am

Werebat wrote:One quick comment: People get SO angry that WotLK allows casual gamers a lot better gear etc... but I think that's wonderful... I have no intention of going back to raiding 8 hours a day when there's sun and life and music outside passing me by... I did that in Molten Core/BWL/AQ/Naxx days and I swore that I would NEVER do it again, everrrrrrrr...

So yeah, please dont misunderstand me... I loveeee raiding, as in the 2-3hour raids, etc... but you guys that want your pretty little purples in exchange for SIGNIFICANT portions of your life and well-being, why? And don't talk about the good old days of 8 hour raids being fun either, because trust me... it was mostly just buffing and waiting and waiting and waiting, and buffing again, and trash after trash pull and ARG... GOOD RIDDANCE.

So, I do NOT see the casual gaming orientation as a problem... I call out anyone who is so utterly epic and leet to take a good look at yourself and ask, are you playing the game or is the game playing you? And, when the day comes when Julian and Jay pull the plug on our little world, will you cry for loss of those epics or for loss of friends and experiences?
For me, WotLK is new experiences, new worlds, new adventures! I can't wait... bring it on baby! VE forever!

You speak of 8 hour raids, like in Vanilla, but this is TBC, the raids only last 2 or 3 hours, TBC was already casual player oriented. WOTLK basically brought epics to every moron in the game. If you have an open retail account and you are in Dalaran, EVERYONE looks thesame, t9 is more easily obtainable than t7/7.5. All the players have lost their identity, there is no fun in raiding the same raids over and over, just for that one item that will make your gear even more epic.
WOTLK is basically a very bad funserver, no other way to put it. Blizzard messed up(they are also humans!) and maybe before moving on to WOTLK you might want to consider the fact that raids such as TK/SSC/Sunwell haven't been cleared yet, then why bother going to the next expansion?
I know, because gearing up is so much easier...

I don't mean to flame your post, as your ideas make sense, but if you play WOTLK on retail, you are certain to be VERY bored within the next 3 weeks.
As for lvling(quests) I have to admit Northrend is a very nice place!
Alderman
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke on 23/01/10, 05:55 pm

Alderman wrote:All the players have lost their identity, there is no fun in raiding the same raids over and over, just for that one item that will make your gear even more epic.

Thats my point exactly though. Your identity shouldn't be based off of gear, you should bring something to a raid uniquely yourself and forge connections with other human beings. Without that it's just a single-player game essentially.

Alderman wrote:I don't mean to flame your post, as your ideas make sense, but if you play WOTLK on retail, you are certain to be VERY bored within the next 3 weeks.

Hehe not flaming really. I think of flaming as "OMG YOUR (sic) SO DUMB!" Haha. Anyway, you have good points too and that may be true. But I dont get bored of being around others and thats why I play this game. Just a personal preference though, I know everyone is in it for different reasons!
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fatekeeperz on 29/01/10, 05:34 am

Hello guys Cool i will be on WOTLK. You will be feel fatekeeperz fury once again
Twisted Evil Jay when the WOTLK realm will be released?

fatekeeperz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  banthem on 31/01/10, 04:25 am

Woot? I have to say im very shocked. as for it being bugged? Bugs can be fixed ,takes time even tbc was seriously bugged at one point i would guess. theyl get it working as smoothly as they can Razz

banthem
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fatekeeperz on 31/01/10, 06:09 am

OOOOOH NOOO Shocked i thought i will play WOTLK soon Crying or Very sad
Jaynie please release it soon

fatekeeperz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  banthem on 31/01/10, 06:12 am

=) well im gonna dupe my client so when y'all do change ima be gankin me some lowbies j/k

banthem
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top